Jerusalem

Jerusalem
my home

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Let the wheels turn..

Okay, so after reading a lot of different ideas on Reform Judiasm and Judiasm in general...I'm really wondering about all of this.

Most of us place ourselves in a movement. And most of the people who are reading this are probably reform and progressive Jews.

Heres the thing. Maybe we don't need to start a revoultion. MAYBE we just have to change the future. Maybe we just have to get rid of these labels.

Back in the day when I wanted to become a Rabbi (I still do..) one of the goals I wanted was for the orthodox movement to see reform Jews as Jews. Which they do, (I realized that later) but that's not the point. When I told one of my good friends that he tried to chanllege me into believeing that maybe I should try to completely get rid of movements and that is what I should strive to. Now that I think about it..it sounds a tad bit more appealing.

I have new ideas now. Maybe we just need to enforce pluralism even more. It's kind of ironic how it's this year's NFTY theme. I mean, its such an importance in reform Judiasm. I dont think people realize it enough.

Maybe there should just be a pluralistic movement?

I donno I'm just spit balling here.

No comments: