Jerusalem

Jerusalem
my home

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Reform..Progressive...What...?

I feel like there are so many things that are happening right now.

Where is Judiasm going?
Are we actually going to do anything about it or are we all just going to blog about it?
Maybe we just complain about it until someone gets the job done, I mean we are Jews after all.

Hear it here first, I am going to do something about it. I will make a change. I will make a revolution and I will change the world.

It's just a matter of when and how, oh but it WILL happen.

JUSTICE JUSTICE JUSTICE. Just like this week's Torah portion. It makes a circle.

Reform Jews will have justice. We won't stand for what Eric Yoffee said, just like what this week's Torah portion talks about! YES.

I get really excited sometimes. Circle of the day. :]

1 comment:

Josh Levin said...

How was what Rabbi Yoffie said so damaging?

I assuming you're talking about this: “We’re a mitzvah-oriented tradition, not halacha-oriented. If you take it all upon yourself as an obligation rather than as a choice, you’ve reached the point at which you’re no longer a Reform Jew.”

But isn't that the point of the Refrom movement as a whole? And if you read Yoffie's response to Jesse's blog it seems he was somewhat taken out of context, even misquoted.

This is all so very confusing.